Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Hot Water is One of the Best Things Around

Here are some of the pictures I promised. This one is looking from the east. See the church tower? Santa Chiara is the HUGE building next to it that's in a U-shape.

Here is a picture from Charlie's room looking back onto the town.

This is in front of Cafe Ingnorante...my favorite place for breakfast. Their pastries are amazing. Stacey came down from Orvieto the second day we were here, so we went out to drink some wine. It's Julianna, Lynsey (one of my roomates), Stacey, and me.




This is at the Velvet Underground. There were TONS of people ther for a Sunday night. They had an Italian band playing that sounded alot like Ska and Cake. (Hutch, Sarah, and Matt)






Another at the Underground. (Sarah, Matt, Me, Collin, Troy)








We also now have hot water...which is so great! Yolanda's been going to our classes with us. Kinda freaked Larry out at first, because he didn't know that she was even hear visiting. I tried talking to a nice little old lady today. Yolanda and I were chilling on her apartment step waiting for Charlie and Corey who were in the cell phone shop, and she walked in. I think she asked where I go to school (I heard scuolo) And I said Santa Chiara. After that, I was completely lost. I'm sure she saw the glazed look in my eyes because she patted me on the head and chuckled as if I were a little child. I think the locals are in a better mood today because its SUNNY today. I'll put some of those pics up later. Tomarrow is Florence!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, tomorrow is not spelled tomarrow. (I know, I know...you can't spell.)

I bet it did freak your professors out to see Yolanda.

Next time you are going to call, send me an e-mailing letting me know when, so I keep my phone with me.

Todd Mathison's mom passed away this weekend, so we will be a the funeral tomorrow (notice how I spelled it) 1pm our time.

Love you,
mom

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and you (h)ear with your ear, but that's neither HERE nor there.

Glad you're having fun :D

Jon, the grammar and spelling nazi

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to mention that too, but thought I better not.

I like Jon!

Mom

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...Emily...I usually just point and laugh because you'd do the same to me. :D

As for the pictures, they are very cool. I really can't believe that you're half way around the world.


And Trinity: everyone loves Jon, except me. (I am just kidding!) He's a typical bully to me because he doesn't understand chemistry. :) But, honestly, Jon is a nice guy. Bad sense of humor sometimes, but he's very geniune. And he's a spelling/grammar nazi.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home