Saturday, February 04, 2006

I've Learned How to Ride the Rails

The medievel tower located on the top of Castiglion----------->

I took my first train ride yesterday. A group of us (me, Sarah, Charlie, Matt, Kelli, Corey, and our Professor, Bowne) decided that we wanted to see Florence more on our own. In the morning, Bowne took us to some of his favorite places. We went to the food market (I saw a whole skinned rabbit! With teeth!) and we went to San Lorenzo. And what made San Lorenzo so special (besides the fact that the basilica and the old sachristy were both designed by Brunellschi and the new sachristy was designed by Michelangelo) was the fact that there was almost no one there. Usually there's mobs of people, and we made up half of the people. Well worth the 10 Euro.

After lunch we all split off. I people watched alot and sketched. It's really easy to pick out the Americans. They're the loud annoying ones. I'm begining to dislike them!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me there are no pictures of the rabbit.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get back, we can hunt rabbits and you can show me how it should be skinned:-)

It is great to see your blogs...You should do what Will does and place links for advertisements (this is the marketing and finance person in me who always think about raising money)...

Be good and stay away from the activities that your uncles and I would partake:(

Dad

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What activities??? I call it living LARGE!!!
Uncle Mark

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home