Saturday, February 11, 2006

What I Saw Yesterday, But Can't Take Pictures of

Primavera by Sandro Botticelli...the first painting where I almost cried Leonardo's Adoration of the Magi...the second time I almost cried...
Michelangelo's Holy Family...this would be the third time...

The Visitation by Albertinelli Mariotto, my favorite painting there. I wouldn't have been able to take my eyes off of it if it weren't for the Holy Family being in the same room.

Last night I was convinced to go to the Olympics next weekend. So I'm going with some people from San Antonio (not to be confused with A&M...who are...not my crowd lets say) We're taking a train from Florence Saturday morning and taking a train back Sunday morning. Torino has declared that night "Olympic Night" and all of the stores and cafes will be open ALL NIGHT. We can just sleep hardcore on the train. And the train only costs about 35 Euro for a round trip! The only bad thing is the fact that I have a project due Monday, but I'll worry about that later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! So, you are going to the olympics!!

I'm glad that you're having a great time and that you're out meeting some cool people (even if they speak English and are from the USA)! :)

Nice artwork, but since I only know Spanish (Spanish-speaking) artists, I did not cry at those artists' paintings. :D

Nice work with keeping us (those who are not with you) updated! How many pictures have you taken thus far?

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I'll ask the stupid question. Who is the Holy Family you refer to in the 4th painting.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind....painting #3, right?

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home