Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, and Pompei

Beautiful places! The only bad thing is that you must go through Naples to get there. And that's a really bad thing. Naples is the asshole of the world! I'm never going there again, even if its for ten minutes changing trains. Why? Because I had my sketchbook stolen right from my bag! And I had it halfway filled with beautiful sketches of the Prisoners by Michelangelo, the Pieta, and countless others. I also had my hockey ticket in there! And all of my train tickets!

So I'm NEVER going to Naples again. Or anyplace south of Rome for that matter.
Sorrento



Amalfi
James....he's a gargoyle
Pompei
Atrium in Pompei
Street in Pompei

Amphitheatre in Pompei

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pompei is beautiful. So I see trees flowering?? I can't wait for spring and the pictures you will have.

Love you,
mom

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very cool. No Vespas? ;)

Jon

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! James is in Italy with you??

He makes an interesting gargoyle...


anyways. I'm hoping to get my schedule back in tune with yours...or something like that...so I can talk to you and stuff :)

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!

I talked to a friend of mine (Kate) who has been to Italy, and she suggested the following:

"for your friend in italy: "The place is called Cinque Terre--it's part of a national park. It's north of Pisa and on the coast. If coming from the south by train, your friend would have to get off in La Spezia (a town) and take a train from there. The largest of the 5 towns is Monterosso--that's where I stayed. It was great!"

for a little more info on the place, check out this website: http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/avong/cinque_terre/ "


I hope all is wonderful!

11:23 PM  
Blogger wyankey said...

I really want to go to pompei. Like, really want to go to pompei.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home